"Over the last year, Iíve taken more Giant Ibis night bus journeys than I care to admit. When I first moved to Cambodia, I vowed I would never take a night bus in Cambodia. Since then, Iíve made an exception for Giant Ibis because of their safety record and the many precautions they take to make sure each trip is a safe one. Iím now a regular on the Giant Ibis night bus from Phnom Penh to Siem Reap."
For a number of shorter journeys, the air-conditioned (tourist) coach is the best option, as it's either not practical to do
the journey by train and internal flight. For example the trip between Phnom Penh - Battambang or Sihanoukville. The buses depart/arrive close to the hotels we arrange in both
places so it's very convenient. Short stops are made at restaurants along the way to allow you to stretch your legs, buy something to eat or drink and freshen up. Travelling by
coach is relatively inexpensive, but can't be recommended for all parts of your journey. This is because the roads are not properly laid everywhere, and although short journeys
are tolerable you wouldn't want to do lots of long ones.
There are a few of bus companies providing transportation between Phnom Penh and the provinces that have better road and connect with Phnom Penh.
All buses are air-conditioned and equipped with Video TV. The average travel speed of the buses is about 80 kilometres per hour. Bus stations are mostly located around
Phsar Thmey (New Central market) area. For their latest schedule or exact departure time and price, you may contact them directly.
The bus ticket from Phnom Penh to Siem Reap is about 5 dollars. The bus travels on National Road 6A and then 6, via Kandal, Kampong Cham, and Kampong Thom provinces.
* Phnom Penh and Sihanoukville (Kompong Som) Departure 5 times per day, from 7:00AM and onward
* Phnom Penh and Battambang Departure at 7:00AM Operated by GST $6.00 per one-way ticket
* Phnom Penh and Takeo Departure hourly from 7:00AM to 4:00PM
* Phnom Penh and Kompong Cham Departure hourly from 7:00AM to 3:00PM
* Phnom Penh and Kompong Chhnang Departure hourly from 6:00AM to 4:00PM
* Phnom Penh and Kompong Speu Departure hourly from 6:00AM to 5:00PM
* Phnom Penh and Neak Leung Departure hourly from 6:00AM to 5PM
* Phnom Penh to Kampot Leaving 8:00AM
* Phnom Penh to Steung Treng and Mondulkiri Leaving 8:00AM Operated by Hua Lian company
* Phnom Penh to Ho Chi Minh City Leaving 6:30AM every Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday Operated by Mekong Express, Ho Wah Genting, Capitol Tour $12 per one-way ticket
* Phnom Penh to Siem Reap Leaving 7:30AM and 12:30 Operated by all companies listed below. $5 per one-way ticket and $9 for Mekong Express Luxury bus Mekong Express Limousine #87 Eoz, St. Sisowath Quay, Phnom Penh, Cambodia. Tel: (855) 23 427 519 Ho Wah Genting Corner Street 217 and street 67, Phnom Penh 12209 Cambodia. Tel: (855) 23 210-359, 210-859
GST Express Bus #13 Street 142, Phnom Penh 12209 Cambodia.
Mobile: (855) 12 838-910, 12 895-550